This guide gives instruction on how to playback and save footage that has been stored on your DVR.
What you will need:
- USB Stick (for backup of recorded footage)
Step 1: Playback
- Right-click your mouse then select Main Menu. You may be prompted to log in, ensure you are logged in as an administrator
- From the Main Menu, select the playback option.
- This will take you to the playback screen.
- On the right-hand side are the options for playback, here you can select date, time and which cameras you want to view up to the maximum playback amount for the DVR you have. By default, the DVR automatically selects either channels 1-4 (for DVRs with 4 channel max playback) or channels 1-8 (for DVRs with max 8 channel playback)
- Press the search button once you have chosen your parameters.
- You will then see the recorded footage start to play. There is a timeline displayed the bottom of the screen displaying when and what type of recordings are available.
- Normal recorded footage will be displayed in green, motion recordings will be displayed in yellow. (Please refer to the motion detect guide on how to set this up) and Alarm recordings (PIR or other wired sensor) will be displayed in red.
- You can click anywhere on the timeline to view the selected time frame, this can be done per camera or selecting the Sync option will allow you to view all cameras as one timeline.
- There also controls for fast playback, slow playback, pause, play, stop etc.
Step 2: Backup
- Right-click the mouse then select Main Menu. You may be prompted to log in, ensure you are logged in as an administrator
- From the Main Menu select the option for Backup
- Connect your USB storage device then click Detect. Ensure the USB device is formatted as FAT32.
- Once your USB device is displayed, select it then click backup. The backup window will open
- Select the camera number, date and time you want to backup then click the Add button. The selected video will appear in the list below.
- You can repeat this for multiple events by changing the time, date and channel, then click the add button adding the event to the list for backup.
- Once you have added all the events you want to save select the file type you wish to backup in (AVI or H264) then click Start to begin the backup.
- Once the backup is complete you can connect the USB storage device to a PC to play back the saved files. For video backup up as .AVI files you can use media players such as VLC Media player. For H264 files you can use the H264 file player on the CD supplied with the DVR or you can download it from our website in the software section.